Alexa Echo with Sonos home theater living room configured w/Boost networking

• 2 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,
I recently purchased a sonos boost to increase the signal to my Sonos Speakers, I have a 2 room set up. Room One: Living room with playbar-Subwoofer-2 sonos play 1 speakers (set up as a surround sound system for my Television) and 1 Bathroom speaker that is Sonos One. I intend on using them with the Boost creating a sonos network.

Previously I had them all synched on my home wifinetwork and would play them over this. I had alexa synced with the sonos app and could say "Alexa play music on sonos in the living room", and Music would begin playing. I am wondering if with a boost configuration I can still use Alexa voice commands to control this system?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes, no problem at all as long as your boost is connected to the same network as your Wi-Fi router. Remember to remove your Wi-Fi credentials and reset Wi-Fi in the Sonos app after connecting the Boost.