Answered

Alexa drop in with Sonos arc

• 8 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Is Alexa drop in now compatible with the arc?  I know previous products aren’t, but thought the arc was.  Needless to say, I cant get my arc to drop into other rooms.  Any help will be appreciated👍

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 January 2022, 13:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I read on another thread that Drop In and messaging etc is possible on non-Amazon/Echo devices, but that they have to have some sort of visual sign or signal too. Ie an LED or flashing light like echo devices have. And since Sonos doesn’t have this they can’t have drop in. Whether that’s the ACTUAL reason it’s not enable I don’t know. But it looks like that is a restriction from Amazon.

Thanks for the response Ken.  Arc isn’t listed as an incompatible product on other threads, that was the reason I thought it may have worked ☹️

As far as I’m aware, none of the Sonos products support the Amazon Alexa ‘Drop In’ service. It appears it’s exclusive to Amazon echo products only.