Question

Alexa Drop-In on Sonos One

• 29 October 2017
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 1
I was not expecting to lose this feature. I use it all the time and tried it within minutes of hooking up my Sonos one. They really need to add this in.
Spotify by December 21, the Drop In feature Amazon has designated as Echo only for now, so there is no timeline until Amazon changes their mind.
Userlevel 1
Dear Sonos... my intention was to replace my Amazon Echo with a higher quality sound but all the features are not ready. When are you going to add Spotify and the drop in feature? Seems that my plan failed. I can’t really replace yet.
Userlevel 2
Yes! Please add the drop in feature and calling for the Alexa enabled Sonos ONE. I’m starting to feel like replacing my Play:1 wasn’t worth it. Come on Sonos get this worked out.
Userlevel 1
I wish this feature was supported. It really wasn't clear to me that the "Alexa" integrated into the Sonos One was a crippled version of it. I do hope this is added soon.
Userlevel 2
A also appreciate the response, and agree with mcdon26's response. We probably need to lobby Amazon for this feature.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Appreciate the response. I, as im sure many others have purchased the one to compliment my current alexa network. Is sonos actively pursueing enabling this feature? I've lost a frequently used feature.
At this time, Calling and Drop In are Echo exclusives, Alexa enabled devices do not have this ability. This includes Amazon's own Alexa enabled Fire TV and Tablets.