Answered

Alexa cannot recognise the word playlist

• 8 January 2019
  • 2 replies

After 3 hours of pointlessly talking to Alexa I have given up trying to use it to control my Sonos Play:1 and Sonos Play:3

I had finally managed to get it to play a song through Sonos...and then I also managed to group my Sonos speakers so that it played in all rooms. But I absolutely cannot get it to play my playlist on Spotify.

It will just NOT do it. I have tried every variation of instruction. It simply does not recognise the option of playing a playlist on Spotify through Sonos.

And as I only ever play my playlists...it is useless.

So that can go in the bin and back to using my hands.
icon

Best answer by sethg 8 January 2019, 07:00

Spotify was already set as my default.

However, I thought I would give it one more go and start again from scratch. As I was doing that I realised that I had set Spotify on Alexa to my family account and not to my individual account. So I unlinked it and relinked it to my own account (as part of the family account).

And now it works!! 🙂
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
If you haven’t done so already, go into the ALEXA app and set Spotify as your default music service. Otherwise it will be searching Amazon’s playlists, not Spotify’s.
Spotify was already set as my default.

However, I thought I would give it one more go and start again from scratch. As I was doing that I realised that I had set Spotify on Alexa to my family account and not to my individual account. So I unlinked it and relinked it to my own account (as part of the family account).

And now it works!! 🙂