Alexa can’t find anything on Apple Music

No matter what I ask Alexa, she can’t find it on Apple Music. If I open up the Sonos app, I can play anything there manually through Apple Music but it doesn’t work with voice commands!

i’ve signed out of the skill and back in and I’ve signed out of all Alexa and Amazon accounts and back in but all to no luck.

any suggestions as what could be wrong?

thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please monitor the link to the right of your post - 'View real-time service status'. There is a temporary outage at present.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve had this issue with Apple Music from the very beginning, it’s never worked for me so I doubt it’s the outage.

now Alexa won’t play any radio for me, where before I could of asked her to play my local station but now she hears the command and acknowledges it but nothing happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I don't think it's worth troubleshooting until the outage is resolved.
I’m just after realising that’s probably why Alexa isn’t responding to other requests so at least that’s that probably sorted. I’ll also wait to see if this resolves the Apple Music bug but I feel that’s a separate issue. Thanks for making me aware of this.
I’m just after realising that’s probably why Alexa isn’t responding to other requests so at least that’s that probably sorted. I’ll also wait to see if this resolves the Apple Music bug but I feel that’s a separate issue. Thanks for making me aware of this.

Hi Peter,

Did you end up sorting this out?

cheers, Matt.
No luck in the slightest I’m afraid. Alexa still can’t find anything on Apple Music.

going to ring Sonos support when I’m off work next and see if they can help over the phone.
I had exactly the same problem. Tried all the suggestions, but eventually got it to work by installing the SONOS skill in the Alexa app. I don’t think I ever had to have it installed before? Did the trick for me though. Hope it works for you too!
Good luck!
Badge
I have the exact same problem and haven’t received any help whatsoever from Sonos, who claim it isn’t a problem. they don’t acknowledge the issue even when there are people on these forums saying it’s working fine for them, but it clearly isn’t for others.
I have the exact same problem and haven’t received any help whatsoever from Sonos, who claim it isn’t a problem. they don’t acknowledge the issue even when there are people on these forums saying it’s working fine for them, but it clearly isn’t for others.

Hmmm, we waited for around 6 months for the Apple Music support & then it won't work anyway! Pretty frustrating, but just check in the Alexa app & see if the SONOS skill is there......I've been using Alexa for over 12 months, yet when I couldn't find anything on Apple Music I checked & there was no SONOS skill active at all? I installed (or whatever Amazon call it) the Sonos skill & then logged in & all was fixed!

Good luck buddy hope it works for you!
I got a Beam last weekend, I am having the same problem with Alexa unable to find Apple music..I have the Apple music and Sonos skills installed, the Alex's app is set to Apple music as the default...Apple Music is also set up on tbe Sonos app.... this is where it gets intetesting... if i ask Alexa to play Apple music, she plays my radio station from Apple Music.... it works fine with Amazon Music as i am doing the trial but would rather use AM