Question

Alexa can't find a new Spotify album, but can find older albums.

• 17 February 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
The new Justin Timberlake album "Man on the Moon" came out Feb 2. It's now Feb 17 and Alexa still can't find it. She has no problem finding others, such as "1989" by Taylor Swift, but why not a newer album? I'm using the exact phrase from the commands help page, and interestingly she repeats it back to me exactly correct but still can't find it. How do I get the latest albums available for playback?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Given that his latest album is Man Of The Woods, no surprise.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hah! Oops, typo. Problem still exists, just typed the wrong title. Thanks BoredofBalham. She responds "I can't find the album Man of the Woods by Justin Timberlake."
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, andytrent. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! I was able to initiate playback of the album through Alexa using both Spotify and Amazon Music Unlimited. Do you have any other music streaming services to test this out with? Thanks again!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hey Keith N thanks for your reply. Okay that's where I think the issue lies. I'm doing it exactly like the instructions say on the Sonos page... https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343/~/controlling-your-sonos-with-amazon-alexa I'm requesting the album correctly and speaking very clearly (I have no accent and all other commands work fine). So why would it work properly on yours and not on mine? She still replies saying "I can't find the album Man of the Woods by Justin Timberlake."

I'll try some other recent albums to see if it's a date or other issue.
Yes, just to confirm and help out here, I subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited set as my default music service and when I say:

'Alexa, Play the album Man of the Woods by Justin Timberlake in the lounge' ... it appears to work fine and begins an album playlist starting with a track called Filthy.

So I think it’s working okay here in the U.K. ...if that helps at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
andytrent: No problem! Let us know how you get on with other albums.

Additionally, if you'd like to troubleshoot in real time, you can give our support technicians a call and we'd be happy to take a look with you over the phone.
Badge
same here alexa cant find loads of stuff any playlist that i make cant find it ..can't find the curious album electric sheep or any songs on it ..cant find woodentooth album or anysongs on it this is on spotify yes i have it as default ..but strange it could not find sam fender ..but then after days trying it played greasy spoon by sam fender ..then ask play sam fender ..opps cant fins sam fender ..i am like you just fekin played it ..but now it will play sam fender ..but any made up playlists no or the other less well know bands still cant play them