Answered

Alexa breaks Sonos app for SiriusXM?

• 12 January 2019
  • 2 replies

For nearly two years, I have had good results with a Sonos Play:1 controlled by the iOS app. I could use the app to call up SiriusXM and Tunein stations. Over the holidays, I added an Amazon Echo Spot. I can now use Alexa to call up the Sirius channels (when I can remember their names). But Alexa seems to have broken Sirius on the app. When I try to play the channels via the app, I got an error message that they are “temporarily unavailable.” After looking at a few postings in these forums, I deleted Sirius as a music service on the app and tried to re-activate it. But now the app won’t let me log into Sirius. I can still play the satellite channels by asking Alexa, and I can still use the app to call up Tunein stations. Is there a suggested solution?
icon

Best answer by Edward R 17 January 2019, 12:39

Hi, Sherr. First step is to open the Alexa App and remove the Sonos Skill and then re-Enable. If that doesn’t work, please see this thread here. Please let us know how you get on.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi, Sherr. First step is to open the Alexa App and remove the Sonos Skill and then re-Enable. If that doesn’t work, please see this thread here. Please let us know how you get on.
That worked (also had to log again to SiriusXM on Sonos app). Thank you much.