Answered

Alexa at home and office, office won't play music

• 17 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I recently installed a Sonos 1 in my office, I have 6 speakers in my home. I enabled the alexa feature and asked her to play a song ( I have amazon music), the respone I continue to get is “hmm...to do this you must enable the skill in the alexa app and then ask me to discover devices”. The speaker is set-up in the alexa app and the songs skill is enabled. The speakers I have at home still work as they should, any idea what would remedy this? 

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 17 January 2021, 16:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The relationship between a Sonos and Amazon account must be 1:1. You will need to create two Amazon and Sonos accounts, and then create a unique pair per location for your home and office.

So I will need to remove the (3) speakers at my office from my current sonos account, then set up a new sonos account and add the speakers to this account. Then create a new Amazon account? Will I have to pay for Amazon music again since it will be a different account? Also how will having two separate Sonos accounts work while using the app? Thanks in advance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So I will need to remove the (3) speakers at my office from my current sonos account, then set up a new sonos account and add the speakers to this account. Then create a new Amazon account? 

Yes, that's correct.

Will I have to pay for Amazon music again since it will be a different account?

Yes, although you could use a free music streaming service in one of the locations.

Also how will having two separate Sonos accounts work while using the app? Thanks in advance. 

The App will connect to each system without any problems, the system setup is stored in each device not the App.

I’m following you, so is the reason for the new Amazon account so that I can create a new Alexa account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m following you, so is the reason for the new Amazon account so that I can create a new Alexa account?

Yep