Answered

alexa assistant answers, but wont play Amazon music

• 15 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Alexa answers my request, for example “Alexa play Imelda May”  she then says the normal “shuffling sons by Imelda May”   - But then nothing.  My other echo devices work fine. Sonos One Gen 2 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 March 2023, 10:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jake046 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill for Alexa in the Alexa app. Alexa app » More » Skills & Games » Search Alexa Skills and type Sonos » Sonos » Disable Skill. Once done, tap Enable to Use.

If that doesn’t help, there’s a more complicated solution:

• Repeat the steps above, but do not tap Enable to Use at the end.
  • In the Sonos app, go to Settings » Services & Voice » Amazon Alexa » go through each room with Alexa installed in turn and Remove Alexa » Confirm.
  • Once all copies of Alexa have been removed from Sonos rooms, go back to the Alexa app
  • Alexa app » More » Settings » Device Settings » tap each Sonos-related entry here and tap Registered To (Deregister).
  • Once all Sonos-related entries have been deregistered from the Alexa app, return to the Sonos app.
  • Sonos app » Settings » Services & Voice » Add a Voice Assistant » Amazon Alexa and follow the on-screen prompts. Our Set up Amazon Alexa with a voice-enabled Sonos speaker help page has full instructions.

I hope this helps.