Answered

Alexa - ask Radioplayer what’s playing on Sonos One!!!

• 22 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
On Amazon Echo you can say to Alexa “ask Radioplayer skill what’s playing?” As Sonos has a Radioplayer app as one of its music services can you ask Alexa on Sonos One to ask Radioplayer what song is playing which I believe you can’t currently do on Tunein Radio?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 September 2018, 22:55

I think the reason why you can't do it on TuneIn is that in order for the skill to be able to figure out what the song is, the "radio" station has to be publishing it as metadata in their stream. A significant portion of over the air stations haven't started doing that, at least in all markets, so there's no metadata for RadioPlayer to access, and report to you.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I think the reason why you can't do it on TuneIn is that in order for the skill to be able to figure out what the song is, the "radio" station has to be publishing it as metadata in their stream. A significant portion of over the air stations haven't started doing that, at least in all markets, so there's no metadata for RadioPlayer to access, and report to you.
Badge +2
Thank you for your reply. Regards Dean