Answered

Alexa + Apple Music No Longer Reliable

• 5 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I’ve had my Sonos system for about eight months and almost exclusively use Alexa and Apple Music (which is my default Alexa music service). It was rock-solid up until the last couple weeks.

It used to be that I’d initiate the music via Alexa and the music would start about a microsecond after Alexa read back my specified playlist, album, or song. 

Now it takes more like 5–10 seconds for the music to start, though sometimes it doesn’t. 

When it does start, I get drop-outs on some speakers, and sometimes the music just stops. This morning it gets a couple tracks into one of Apple Music’s “Essentials” playlists and then just stops. The Sonos app says there is no music selected. 

The same music through Apple Music works solidly if I initiate it through the Sonos app. But I much prefer playing music via voice. 

I’m using an Arc linked to two Ones, in a surround configuration that includes a Sub in my living room; two Ones with a Sub in my front office; a standalone One in a bedroom; and a Beam in my bedroom. I play music via Alexa from all of them. 

Would appreciate any insight. 

icon

Best answer by Simon B 9 January 2021, 19:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Scott F, Thanks for reaching out, Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos system. So that we can further check some details and the current status of your whole system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge +1

Thanks, @Simon B   

My confirmation number: 1919269936

hello, i am having the exact same issue and i also am not able to play any local files from apple music. all my othe amazon echo devis work flawlessly and are in the same network. how can this happen. everything - resetting my beam, turning off IPV6 setting in my router-nothing hepled. 

my confirmation number for the diagnostic report is: 1529084636

please help!!

Badge +1

Hi @Simon B , any update?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Scott F, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report. Upon checking, it shows some issues with the system. It detected Audio Playback issues, Audio dropouts, and Wireless Interference on your speakers. Kindly check these articles about Reducing wireless Interference and Music Service Audio dropouts for some troubleshooting steps that may help you on this issue. If this won’t work, please let us know, So that we can assist further. 

Let me know your thoughts on the advice above.