Question

Alexa App

Suddenly, I get a notice in the Sonos app saying Alexa skill is not enabled but I go into Alexa and it is.

i turn the skill off and then back but the message is always there.

Since this occurrence Alexa is responding erratically and if the skill wasn’t enabled then Alexa wouldn’t work at all. Don’t know if the issue is on Sonos side or Alexa but led to believe it’s on Sonos end

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you log out of Amazon on all Amazon apps, then Disable followed by Enable the Sonos skill.

Badge +2

Also just started having this problem 

Also having this problem.  My Sonos one and Alexa had no issues for two years, nownot working.

I’m having the same issue. No matter what I do, it still doesn’t work. Keeps saying “to do that, first enable your skill for your Sonos one second edition in the Alexa app, then ask me to discover devices”

I’ve tried

help!

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I am having the same issue on Sonos Move! Tried everything still not working.

Same issue just started yesterday. S1 responses to ‘Alexa’ but will not execute the command. ...”First enable skill in Alexa app then search for devices”. Tried logging out, disabling, etc and same issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Same issue just started yesterday. S1 responses to ‘Alexa’ but will not execute the command. ...”First enable skill in Alexa app then search for devices”. Tried logging out, disabling, etc and same issue. 

Can you try something for me. Start the music via the Sonos App and then try to stop via voice command. 

I gave up last night with no success. This am, just as suddenly as it appeared, the problem disappeared…..

Mine is working now but in the Sonos app, Services & Voice, Voice area still shows Amazon Alexa skill read and disabled and when i go through the process of enabling nothing changes but I can now use alexa on my Sonos move.  

TBH, I love the sound of the Sonos move but the alexa integration is always buggy and the microphone is not very sensitive.  I have to almost yell for it to understand what im saying.

I gave up last night with no success. This am, just as suddenly as it appeared, the problem disappeared…..

I spent 2 hours messing around with it and nothing worked. Test it out this morning and it’s working like nothing happened 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Suddenly, I get a notice in the Sonos app saying Alexa skill is not enabled but I go into Alexa and it is.

i turn the skill off and then back but the message is always there.

I am experiencing the same behavior. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cdubs, welcome to the community and sorry for the late response.

I would like to take a closer look at the Sonos System; please take a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number.

Settings > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

Also, please do the suggested troubleshooting steps for Alexa for the Sonos One. 

Alexa commands not working on Sonos

Update us with your findings with the confirmation number.

Thanks for your response @Kyle A . As of this morning the Sonos app no longer warns that the Alexa skill is disabled, and so far I haven’t encountered any errors with voice commands. I haven’t changed anything since my post.

All the same, I’ve submitted diagnostics and received confirmation number 317418995.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cdubs, thank you for the update.

I checked the diagnostic, seems like you use a mesh system or sets of extenders;

as the Sonos speakers are using 3 different access points.

The issue could arise from the Sonos system having issues connecting to the Amazon servers for the Alexa voice service.

It’s worth checking the network when this happens again.

In any case, I’m glad it’s now working fine, reach out if you have other concerns.