Alexa and Sonos problems

• 7 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have and echo dot and Sonos playbar with two play ones as surround in the living room. One play one in the bedroom and another in the kitchen. I have enabled the Sonos skill in the app and discovered all the speakers.

Alexa works flawlessly in the bedroom and the kitchen but not in the lounge. Ill ask it to play in the lounge and it says it is doing so but no sound comes out. Then, if I go to the Sonos app, it says 'no music'. If I try to then play music from the Sonos app in the lounge, it says that Amazon music is streaming to a different device and refuses to play from there either.

initially I had real problems as the hue lights and playbar both being called 'livingroom' so have changed playbar to 'lounge'. It all worked perfectly once or twice but without having changed anything, it gives me the above problem. Please help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Scrub that, none of the speakers work now. I give up!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, timallen1974: Thanks for reaching out. If you still require assistance, please submit a diagnostic report and be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. Much appreciated.