Question

Alexa and Play:1 Speakers

• 27 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
Been having lots of fun using Alexa (echo dot) and our Play: 1s and would like to provide a little feedback/bug report.

Firstly the intergration is quite good, if not a little wordy "in the family room" ive lost count of the times i said "front room" instead!?! :$:8

It not been without a few issues (hence beta) so would like to feeback issues we have had:

1. When asking alexa to playback from Amazon to the family room - once we have had her confirm the playback and then nothing... silence! Asked again and silence again, checked the sonos app and nothing is playing so fire the track up only to be met with amazon is already playing back on another device error.

I had to issue a stop playback command to alexa to gain control again.

2. When asking alexa to go to the next track the speakers volume remains very quiet for 10 seconds before jumping to life.

3. When using the sonos app to control playback while alexa is in control the app is very slow and laggy.

4. Today alexa playback is confused. We were playing a pink floyd playlist through alexa and jumped to a Fatboy Slim playlist and then to a Showaddywaddy playlist (dont ask) and upon asking for the next track it went back to pink floyd, it then went back to fatboy slim at the next request.

We settled on the beatles playlist only to have playback stop halfway through a track. I did a bug report on this one: 800902.

Apart from these teething issues the intergration seems to work pretty well, even if alexa creeps my wife out and hardly ever respones to her. 😃

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Maybe... The 10 second issue when changing tracks is not network related as the track queues up quickly and can be heard in the background. The system seems to be holding the volume down as if your still talking to alexa.

Yeah, that's called "ducking". Sonos has stated somewhere that it's probably going to be changed at some point.
Some of your issues sound a lot like you have network interference, not beta related.
Badge
Maybe... The 10 second issue when changing tracks is not network related as the track queues up quickly and can be heard in the background. The system seems to be holding the volume down as if your still talking to alexa.