Question

Alexa and multiple Sonos One Speakers

• 12 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello! I have six Sonos speakers (3 Play, 2 Sonos One's, and a Beam). I enjoy the sound and use the app to play music throughout my home. My question regards the integration of Alexa into three of the devices: How do I get the second Sonos One and the Beam to respond to the built in Alexa options?

Currently I can only get the original Sonos One to play on voice command, turn off, etc. Neither of the other two devices respond at all. I have searched the community and the Alexa App for solutions. Would love to know the tweak in settings I need to accomplish this.

Your help is appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If you haven't already, check out this support document.

I'm not sure that covers what you need though as you already have Alexa on one of your speakers. I may be mis-remembering, but I believe if you go to the more -> setting, specific room setting, you can toggle your specific speakers on/off for Alexa. You'll then need to go to Alexa and have it rediscover devices.

It could also be that the speakers are setup, but the mic is turned off. Make sure the LED in front of the mic image on the speakers themselves are lit. If not press the mic image.