Answered

Alexa and apple music and sonos via yonomi or IFTT

• 20 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Hello, i’m trying to find a workaround the fact that alexa does not support apple music. We have a playlist that we use to fall asleep , we’d like to be able to tell alexa to start that particular list, either via yonomi or iftt without having to use our ios devices. If anyone knows how to do that and is willing to share we would really appreciate it! Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Edward R 23 March 2018, 11:25

Hi there, arjulaad. Thanks for posting your question. Apple Music is not supported via Alexa on Sonos at this time. We'll be sure to forward your suggestion. Do let us know if you need anything else.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, arjulaad. Thanks for posting your question. Apple Music is not supported via Alexa on Sonos at this time. We'll be sure to forward your suggestion. Do let us know if you need anything else.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Hé Edward, thanks for following-up. After fiddling a bit with yonomi it is an acceptable compromise and we are able to create routine and start lists from apple music, obviously if amazon or sonos start supporting apple music it would be way better , If at one point sonos comes up with an in-house assistant specifically for music services supported in the app that would be awesome!I just recently realised how much battery the sonos app requires, keeping it closed and using voice recognition might mitigate that. Take care!
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Oups, another thing we would really enjoy(and i suspect, many of your clients) on the ones would be the possibility to adjust alexa’s voice volume separatly from the music playback level and a sleep timer. Off to see the wizard!