Answered

Alarm for different streaming with Alexa Sonos One

• 4 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi, I can set an alarm with the sonos app that gives me an option of what music to play however when that alarm goes off I am unable to use Alexa to snooze it. Does Alexa give the option to choose different music streams at this time or is this only available thru the sonos app? If the alarm is set they Alexa on Sonos One it only uses a chime
icon

Best answer by Keith N 5 December 2017, 00:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, verarsalha. Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community. Allow me to clarify alarms and how they work with Alexa and Sonos. The alarms created in the Sonos app are accessible only from Sonos. When asking Alexa anything to do with alarms, the command stays within Amazon and pertains to alarms on Alexa.

If you ask Alexa to set an alarm, the alarm lives on Amazon and Alexa.
If you create your alarm on Sonos, it only lives on Sonos and cannot be edited via Alexa.
You can, however, use Alexa to control playback on your Sonos devices.

This means if you were to have a Sonos One in your Bedroom and had an alarm set for 7 am in the Sonos app, at 7 am you could ask Alexa to "Stop in the Bedroom" and that should stop the playback of your alarm. Then at that point, you could control the player as you normally would with Alexa. Keep in mind, there was no use of the word "alarm" when asking Alexa to control the playback in the Bedroom.

Hopefully, you find this helpful.
Hi, does this mean that there is no option to ask Alexa to 'snooze' a Sonos alarm, for example if the Sonos One was in the bedroom?

If not, this severely limits the usefulness of having Alexa built into Sonos, surely?

I am looking for a solution to help me snooze now that the CR100s are disabled - the function on an iPhone is a mess and by the time you have worked out how to do it, and not accidentally cancelled the alarm, you are wide awake. Hopefully there will be some good news, if not now, soon?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I doubt if there will be good news soon. We're still waiting for the basic sleep timer to work on Sonos Ones.
Badge +2
If you really require snooze - set two alarms in the sonos app.. I mean snooze is only good for a set time anyways and you likely know what that is. Set the first one to a sonos chime and set the second one to your favorite radio or playlsit.. Tell the first alarm Alexa stop the bedroom...problem solved