After executing command, volume stays lowered for 10 seconds

• 5 October 2017
  • 5 replies

As the title says, while executing a command such as "Alexa, next track", my sonos speakers lower in volume but don't go back up to normal until about 10-12 seconds into a song. That's 10-12 seconds AFTER my echo's LEDs have stopped lighting up confirming the request is complete).

Any ideas? Can we just log this as a bug?

Edit: Appears to only be affecting my Playbar+2xPlay1+Sub home theater setup. Single speakers resume volume fairly quick after executing a command.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I am having this same exact problem! Happening to multiple sonos speakers! Very disappointing.
Badge
I had the same issue with my Play:5 that was hard-wired to an Echo DOT. Removing the cable stopped the problem.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm not hardwired to an Echo and have this issue.
For better response and to get the pertinent info to the proper folks, I suggest you submit a diagnostic and post the reference number in the thread. Better yet, post it directly to the beta feedback page here:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/beta
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, SpatialFX & tbglassman:

Thanks for the posts. In this case, since Amazon Alexa integration is in a public beta, we are able to help troubleshoot here on the Community as well as our normal support channels. If you still require assistance, please feel free to submit a support diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end after reproducing the ducking problem. I'd be happy to take a look at whats going on.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings