After executing command, volume stays lowered for 10 seconds

• 5 October 2017
  • 5 replies

As the title says, while executing a command such as "Alexa, next track", my sonos speakers lower in volume but don't go back up to normal until about 10-12 seconds into a song. That's 10-12 seconds AFTER my echo's LEDs have stopped lighting up confirming the request is complete).

Any ideas? Can we just log this as a bug?

Edit: Appears to only be affecting my Playbar+2xPlay1+Sub home theater setup. Single speakers resume volume fairly quick after executing a command.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I am having this same exact problem! Happening to multiple sonos speakers! Very disappointing.
Badge
I had the same issue with my Play:5 that was hard-wired to an Echo DOT. Removing the cable stopped the problem.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm not hardwired to an Echo and have this issue.
For better response and to get the pertinent info to the proper folks, I suggest you submit a diagnostic and post the reference number in the thread. Better yet, post it directly to the beta feedback page here:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/beta
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, SpatialFX & tbglassman:

Thanks for the posts. In this case, since Amazon Alexa integration is in a public beta, we are able to help troubleshoot here on the Community as well as our normal support channels. If you still require assistance, please feel free to submit a support diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end after reproducing the ducking problem. I'd be happy to take a look at whats going on.