Answered

2 Issues with Alexa and Sonos, Can you help?

• 4 October 2017
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for sharing. Let us know how it goes.
Userlevel 1
Here is an update on how I was able to find a work-around:
1. forget all Sonos devices in the Alexa App.
2. Disable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App.
3. Re-enable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App.
4. Power Off then on Echo Dot
5. Power Off then on the Sonos speakers

Now I can both start and stop music in the living room, as well as advance tracks. The music does not stop after a single song.

Hopefully these steps will help someone else. The key here is that simply disabling and re-enabling the skill is not sufficient. Devices must actually be powered off to solve the issue.
Userlevel 1
I did that twice, no difference. Disabling and re-enabling the skill does not fix either of the problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks, can you disable your Sonos skill in the Alexa app and then re-enable it and discover your devices again?

Let us know how it goes.
Userlevel 1
I have tried "Alexa, stop in the living room". Nothing happens, she just continues playing (sound is dimmed then goes back up to full volume).

There is no way to skip a track. She just stops after one song. If you try to advance the song in the controller on computer or iphone, she stops playing and no other songs are played. If I say "Alexa, play next track in living room," she responds: "I can change the playback mode only when music is playing"

Diagnostic confirmation is 7913805.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Try using "Alexa, stop in the living room."

The second one is a bit trickier, as it should keep going. If you skip the track, does it play the next one?

Can you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number next time it stops on its own?
Badge
Same here. Very disapointed with the integration so far.