Question

ZP100 Cannot Connect to Exisiting System

Userlevel 2
I have an existing system with 5 various Sonos products and recently acquired an old ZP100 from storage that has not been connected for at least 5-6 years. When I plug the ZP100 the light flashes white for 15-20 seconds then remains solid white. I then attempt to add a new device and the ZP100 is not detected. I have tried connect wirelessly, directly to my router, and plugging into my Play1, and PLay5. I have tried a factory reset as well and have had zero luck. Is there a way to connect via wire to a PC and ping the device to ensure it's getting an IP address or force a software update? I have tried googling for a few hours with no luck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

It's unclear to me based on your post, but did you plug the ZP100 directly to your router with an Ethernet cable? Forgive me if I am not understanding properly.

It's likely that it has an older firmware version on it that can't be updated wirelessly.

If you have connected it with an Ethernet cable to your router, there may be other issues that require further assistance, I'd recommend calling in to Sonos' customer support line. You can find their contact info at www.sonos.com/contact
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Did the factory reset work as described in the Sonos help article (flashing white/orange then green)?
Userlevel 2
My apologies if first post was not clear. Yes, I tried to connect the zp100 by wire to the router. That did not work so I also tried to connect the zp100 to a play 1 and 5 by wire. When I did the factory reset the lights flash white and orange for a few seconds then solid white. It sounds like I should contact support. I assumed they couldn't help since the zp is so old. Thanks,
If it is that far out of date, they may need to force an update from support. Give them a call.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
They should be able to help, but I think the device might faulty basing on the fact, that the factory reset doesn't seem to work. Anyway, I wish you luck!
Userlevel 2
Thank you for the responses. I went ahead and emailed support. I will update the thread once I get a response.
Hello - I have two old ZP100 bought in 07 that I would like to add to my current Sonos setup - Software hasn't been updated for at least 4 years, and I can't get to sync with the current modern system, can you pls help me ?
I believe in these cases, a call has been necessary, as they have to do/apply a special build to get the device updated properly. You can find your local region's contact info at www.sonos.com/contact
Badge
I have same issue - awaiting reply from Sonos support. To be fair I tried to set it up nearly a year ago, they did try very hard to get back to me - but I was too distracted with other things to bother with it. I am now having another go, as I have a much better Internet connection - and think I need more music in the house 🙂
Badge
Hi All, I just bought a ZP100 and ZP80 as part of a bundle. I've managed to connect it to my existing system, which is ZP90 and ZP120. All units work in harmony. One thing to note with the ZP100 is that the Wifi is not as strong as the newer units - but it has 4 ethernet sockets and 2 channel analogue out. I configured each unit directly wired to the router. The ZP100 and ZP80 needed 2 rounds of updates (not sure why) but after that it all worked fine. If you acquire kit that has previously been used, I would recommend doing a factory reset, otherwise you could end up confusing your controllers with 2 different systems. I experienced this - just as the new units were added, the existing ones disappeared on the controller.

I thought I was going to have to call Sonos for a custom update for the old models. So far so good, all is working well.
Good luck