Yonomi and Amazon Alexa

If you have an Amazon Echo you can now control your Sonos device. Download the Yonomi app, connect to Sonos. Open up the Alexa app, connect yonomi in the smart home skills. Hit find devices and Sonos shows up. I added my Sonos individually in the groups section for easier voice control to recognize the device. With yonomi you can add routines to automate things with Sonos. Finally Home automation!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Badge
I have created routines for my Sonos in Yonomi, discovered them in the Alexa app ect. I'll say: "alexa, turn on Sonos Classical". Alexa says OK and nothing happens. I also get notification that the routine is running in Yonomi through a banner on my iphone and ipad. Sometimes it works but mostly, Alexa says OKAY and nothing happens.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I know it’s been awhile, but I just came across this post. Did you find a solution?
Since I have installed Yonomi I have been unable to stop one of the speakers from playing. Cannot stop it from Sonos as it simply restarts. Have had to unplug the speaker until I can solve the problem - I may have to create a new speaker name. Very unhappy with what was once a very reliable system.
I have been using Amazon Alexa, Dot with my whole Sonos system for almost 11 months without issue. Very simple..... I connected a Amazon Dot to a Sonos Connect input port, then used the Sonos app (I am using the Beta version) but the regular one also works..... I am able to play music, ask questions, turn on and off all my electronics... I am also able to send "Alexa" signal to any one of my 5 Sonos Play:1..... I am however looking forward to the rumored update to integrate.......
Badge
Whenever I load up Yonomi and add the skills to Alexa, I can only get it recognize playlists, not individual songs in my library. I'm really looking forward to the official Echo integration in March 2017.
I was very pleased to find that Yonomi could help me control my Sonos speakers via Alexa. However, if you want to play the same Favorite on more than one speaker you're out of luck.

In one of my rooms, I have two speakers. You can set up a routine to play a Favorite on both of the speakers but the speakers will be out of sync. They will both be on the same Favorite/Station but they will play completely different songs.

So, close.

I hope there is a fix for this soon.
From a recent email, dunno if this will help.

Hello Yonomi Users,

We recently performed a system change that may affect your use of Sonos through Yonomi.

It is possible that your list of Sonos Favorites has temporarily disappeared from the Yonomi app and any routines that may perform a Sonos "Play Favorite" action.

Don't worry, this is only a temporary issue and there is a simple recovery procedure.

If you are experiencing this issue here is how you can resolve it.

Make sure your phone/tablet is joined to the same WiFi network as your Sonos devices.

For iOS users: You may use either of these two options...
In the Things tab, tap on each Sonos device and then press Options > Disconnect. On the resulting page tap Connect. OR force quit the Yonomi app, relaunch and then navigate to the Things tab and pull down on the screen to refresh.
For Android Users: You may use either of these two options...

In the Things tab (2nd from left), tap on each Sonos device and then press overflow menu > Disconnect. On the resulting page tap Connect. OR In the Yonomi app, tap on the Nav Drawer menu and select Find New Devices. Once that process completes, close the window.
After you've performed these steps all existing routines utilizing Sonos Play Favorite actions will resume working normally.

If you have any problems please mail us at support@yonomi.co.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
I have created routines for my Sonos in Yonomi, discovered them in the Alexa app ect. I'll say: "alexa, turn on Sonos Classical". Alexa says OK and nothing happens. I also get notification that the routine is running in Yonomi through a banner on my iphone and ipad. Sometimes it works but mostly, Alexa says OKAY and nothing happens.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
have to run 'alexa, discover my devices' every time you make a change on yonomi. then WAIT 5 minutes for the changes to propagate.
Been trying it. Very average experience, buggy. I've given up on them for now, will try again in a couple months after they iron out the kinks. Definitely a start, hopefully more to come!
Yeah, I read that somewhere as something that they wish would update. But hey, it is start.
Almost. Doesn't appear to recognize my Play:1 stereo pair, sees two Play:1s. Otherwise, pretty nifty.