Wink Hub Integration

How about integrating Sonos control into the Wink hub the same way it's been integrated with Smartthings?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a complete Sonos speaker on every corner of my house would be nice to integrate this with wink hub even a possibility of enabling intercom capabilities would be really nice. I'm thinking about Amazon echo but I rather spend that money for another Sonos speaker. 🙂
+1 for me
+1.
Insteon has it, Smartthings has it, why not Wink?
Any increased focus on integration and automation would be nice to see.

Plenty of focus, home automation integration API fully documented, plenty of partners.

http://www.cepro.com/article/sonos_now_integrates_for_real_iport_and_lutron_launch_new_sonos_controls

Perhaps Wink needs a poke.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Wink's business model is they implement support for a product when the product's developer pays them to. So don't expect Wink to integrate with Sonos unless Sonos ponies up. And I suspect the chances of that are very, very small...

Plenty of focus, home automation integration API fully documented, plenty of partners.

http://www.cepro.com/article/sonos_now_integrates_for_real_iport_and_lutron_launch_new_sonos_controls

Perhaps Wink needs a poke.

Nice article but the big takeaway is that all of the partners so far provide fairly basic functionality except for Crestron. I would like to see more vendors providing deep "Crestron-like" integration. I think over the next year there will be increased demand for integration with other automation products people already own like HUE lights and Smarthings Hubs and folks will want to do more with them than just select a favorite or change the volume.
Badge
Another user for Wink compatibility!
Another for Wink integration! Please 😃