Why does Sonos still not support Samba versions beyand v1?

• 17 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a new NAS on my network and it uses Samba 4.

I get the highly informative ( :wink: ) error code of ‘900’ when trying to add it.

I see threads and questions going back 4 years in this community asking for better Samba support from Sonos. The stock repsonses are simple promises to pass on the question to development teams.

I don’t know how difficult it would be to add support for more modern Samba implementations but I do see there is a demand for it.

What is wrong at Sonos that you ignore your users so readily and don’t even provide an explanation as to why you refuse to implement this apparently simple request?

Your stock response seems to be to let the thread go until people stop reading it and then close it with a weak excuse.

What sort of company are you?

That said, I expect someone to respond with a weak answer and for this question to be closed with no action. THAT’s the type of company I see in action here...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.