Where are my favorite

• 19 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
Hi all.
I had to move one Sonos beam from one wifi network to another. Since the app did not worked out (1st problem), I've decided to factory reset the device and then reconnect it to the new wifi network.
After all the configuration, I was expecting that all my favorites were reloaded as before,
The fact is that I have the black band with the announcement about the "my favorite" feature, but it doesn't work 🙄.
Any ideas on how to restore them?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
All playlists and favourites are stored on each of the Sonos devices and not on the Sonos servers. Registering is to enable on line services, diagnostic and usage data. It is not essential, once registered for your system to have access to the internet if you are only playing local stored music.

There is a help section on how to move kit or change network setting to avoid losing playlist data. If you have another Sonos device on another network, you could add you beam to that to get the playists back ad per controlav's post. Otherwise they are lost :(

They cannot be backed up either, so beware.
"Factory reset" does what it says on the tin: it resets to factory condition, removing all settings and favourites, which are stored on the device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Assuming by "wifi network" you mean "completely different physical location":

You can restore them from your old system, assuming you didn't reset that too.

1. Factory reset this beam (again)
  2. Put it back on the old Sonos household
  3. "Add" it to that system
  4. Wait for a bit, Faves will be synced to the beam from whatever existing hardware you have
  5. Move beam to new Sonos household, and don't factory reset it this time
Your two households will have the same id, but different hardware, so a few things will be confused (Alexa, Sonos Cloud-based apps), but you'll have your old Faves in the new household.
Badge +3
"Factory reset" does what it says on the tin: it resets to factory condition, removing all settings and favourites, which are stored on the device.

Actually I was expecting that all those data where stored on some sonos server, otherwise I don't understand the reason to register my account

Assuming by "wifi network" you mean "completely different physical location":

You can restore them from your old system, assuming you didn't reset that too.

1. Factory reset this beam (again)
  2. Put it back on the old Sonos household
  3. "Add" it to that system
  4. Wait for a bit, Faves will be synced to the beam from whatever existing hardware you have
  5. Move beam to new Sonos household, and don't factory reset it this time
Your two households will have the same id, but different hardware, so a few things will be confused (Alexa, Sonos Cloud-based apps), but you'll have your old Faves in the new household.

When I say a differen wifi network I mean a differnet network not a different position. If you check, at your home probably you will see several networks (maybe of your neighborhood). Well, I own at home 2 different network one called "net1" and the second "net2"
Badge +3
All playlists and favourites are stored on each of the Sonos devices and not on the Sonos servers. Registering is to enable on line services, diagnostic and usage data. It is not essential, once registered for your system to have access to the internet if you are only playing local stored music.

There is a help section on how to move kit or change network setting to avoid losing playlist data. If you have another Sonos device on another network, you could add you beam to that to get the playists back ad per controlav's post. Otherwise they are lost :(

They cannot be backed up either, so beware.

Thank you for the reply.

Then I suggest to R&D to develop a way to back up the settings on a local file or on a remote server 😊
My 2 cents