Question

When attempting to move Sonoos onto back patio, connection fails to mesh network (Eero Pro)

• 6 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I typically have the Play 5 in the front of my house, which is where the master Eero Pro network node is.  When I try to move it to my back deck/patio area, where one of the other Eero Pro nodes are located, connection fails.  It does appear that Sonos doesn’t support, or has issues with mesh networks.

Before you ask, I have a 1GB connection via Spectrum, and wireless connection speeds in on my patio are still around 300-400MB.  Every other wireless device I have works fine, but not the Sonos.

Any help/suggestions are welcome, and I’m sorry if I asked a question that has already been answered.

1 reply

@Ohio Dan Thank you for reaching out to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. I understand that you describe a great network setup but we will need to see an updated diagnostic report number from your system when this is happening. We will also need your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). I would also ask that you update us with a speed test from a computer that is wired or wireless on the network when this issue is presenting from speedtest,net.

As long as a network is properly configured and meets our system requirements I do not see a reason why a mesh network would not work with Sonos unless your equipment in on our incompatible hardware list.. As a guess, from what you describe, this may be due wireless interference due to distance or materials in the home environment that may need to be adjusted on your end.