Question

Way to many Sonos Components, Losing Audio or slow to play in large combination SonosNET vs WIFI

• 14 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I have looked at many answered questions but am still confused.  I have, as my wife says, a Sonos addiction.  I have over 20+ sonos speakers, boost, amp etc.  I have trouble playing all at once or multiple rooms.  Many of the speakers are combined etc.  I own a boost, have 2 speakers connected via ethernet in an asus mesh system.  I am still losing audio or it takes 1-4 minutes for speakers to come on line.  I have read many articles of SONOSNET vs WIFI how to use my boost etc.  I consider myself a little bit of a techie but still having trouble.  With that many speakers, amps, connects etc.  What is the best way to set this system up.  It didn’t seem to be a problem until the the app update and the new line of speakers came out.  Thank you in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Where are the wired nodes connected? If it’s to one of the satellites of the Asus mesh this could be asking for trouble.

Have you tried changing the SonosNet channel? It should be at least 5 channel numbers away from the Asus 2.4GHz. The latter should use 20MHz channel width, not 40MHz.

Post a screenshot of the Network Matrix at http://x.x.x.x:1400/support/review (x.x.x.x being the IP of a player, not a Boost) and folks here can comment.