Answered

Using Connect:amp with TT, receiver, and passive speakers

• 8 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have been trying to connect my Non-amped Stanton STR8-80 TT to my new connect:amp using my Yamaha RX-797 receiver and am getting no sound through my speakers. (I have our 2 Mission Speakers hooked up to connect:amp and they do work with streamed music so I know that segment is working).

The Yamaha receiver is an amplifier - 200 watts- and has a phono input. I have tried lots of combinations but thought that the “tape out” would be the right connectors to wire to the connect:amp.

I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated - I was hoping to surprise my husband with a working system 😉
icon

Best answer by Legnum Nick 8 December 2018, 12:13

It should work. Turntable connected to the phono input on the Yamaha, Tape Out on the Yamaha to Line In on the Connect Amp. Then power on the Yamaha, select Phono. In the Sonos App select source as Line In on the Connect Amp. Play with the volume via the Sonos app.

If that doesn't work I am at a loss.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11
It should work. Turntable connected to the phono input on the Yamaha, Tape Out on the Yamaha to Line In on the Connect Amp. Then power on the Yamaha, select Phono. In the Sonos App select source as Line In on the Connect Amp. Play with the volume via the Sonos app.

If that doesn't work I am at a loss.
Thanks, i appreciate the input! I’m going to reboot the connect amp and try again. I’m also going to pick up some new audio cables in case that is the issue, but I can’t imagine it is. Would welcome any other trouble shooting suggestions,
Thanks!