Question

Update prevention

• 18 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

a few weeks ago an update was "pushed" to my system and without it the update the Equalizer feature was disabled.

I would like to be able control the moment of update of a perfectly working system.

My Question: What URL'S and/or portnumbers could I block to prevent SONOS from talking to update servers and knowing there is an update.
don't get me wrong, some updates are good, but I would like to be in control.

regards,Bart

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

No need. Simply turn off auto updates on your mobile device and turn off update alerts in the Sonos app settings. Of course, eventually services will stop working because of API changes, and you will never be able to add any new products without updating.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Also doesn't sonos now force an update to carry on using it, if controller more than 1 revision behind, or something like that?
Also doesn't sonos now force an update to carry on using it, if controller more than 1 revision behind, or something like that?

Well yes. You cannot use an old controller with newer firmware. But you could never do that. The first version back would have limited settings menus, and one or two after that would not work at all. What makes one think a multiple unit system with highly interactive firmware and controller applications would be any different?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
jgatie - Simply turn off auto updates on your mobile device.............
CAn you tell me the path to do this as I cannot see that option.
Thanks
On iOS, it's under Apple's Settings > iTunes & App Store > Updates (make it so it's not green)

I don't have an android device, and you didn't specify, so hopefully this is of some help to you.