Question

TV to sonos play 5

• 12 September 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Hi all - I have trawled the Q&A for answers but cant see specifically what i am looking for. Simply want to connect samsung ue49mu6470 to play 5. I just use the tv for youtube music so not too fussed about slight out of synch. TV doesnt have headphone jack out. Can i ise the RCA red and white to jack or would i be best using optical audio out to digi-analog converter and come from that with jack to play 5? thanks awfully

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Just use an RCA to 3.5mm mini cable. You have to convert from digital to analog somewhere, and unless you're spending real money, you'd be hard pressed to do better than the DAC (which is what one of those digital to analog converters is) inside of the TV.

If you have the need to spend on something and want to splurge somewhere in that setup, go and get a Blue Jeans cable to connect them - the hum rejection from electronic interference is about the best in the business.
I, too, am a fan of Blue Jeans cables. Great stuff, reasonable price.