Question

TV Remote Control

• 20 November 2017
  • 4 replies

All I would like to do is add a record control to change volume.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, smgullikson. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. I am happy to forward this feature request to the team, but I would also like to better understand the feature. Can you tell me about record control? Thanks for clarifying!
Sorry, I fat thumbed it. Remote control. I would like to add another remote to control volume on my Sonos Playbar.
As long as the remote control uses the same "control codes" as the original, you can have as many as you want. For instance, you could set up a universal remote to use the same signals as your TV's remote control, and use both of them to control the TV.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Just as Airgetlam said, the big thing to remember here is that the PLAYBAR can only hold one set of "control codes". This means that if you have multiple remotes that can be programmed to the same control codes or already give the same control codes you should be able to already use them. If the other remote is not able to be reprogrammed, you will need to choose which remote you want to control the PLAYBAR.