Answered

Turntable + Mixer + Tuner help w/ Sonos Connect

• 6 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Hey There,

I'm looking to get my Turntables to work with my Sonos connect. Currently, I have 2 turntables plugged into a mixer, and then my mixer plugs into my tuner that work with my home speakers.

I have my Sonos Connect plugged into my Tuner, so I can hear music (via the Sonos app) on my home speakers and my Sonos Speakers, but I'm wondering if there's a way I can get both turntables to also play on my Sonos Speakers? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by ratty 6 September 2019, 19:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Your "SONOS" source is presumably the Connect's Line-Out. Unless you configure Line-In Autoplay (see the Connect's room settings) you have to explicitly tell the Connect to play its Line-In, using the controller's browse/music menu.
According to the manual that should work. The RECORD (tape) output is at fixed level.

Did you actually use a Sonos controller to select the Line-In source? (Note: This can be set to Autoplay in the room settings.)

I selected the "SONOS" source on my Tuner, thinking that should do the trick, but no such luck.
According to the manual that should work. The RECORD (tape) output is at fixed level.

Did you actually use a Sonos controller to select the Line-In source? (Note: This can be set to Autoplay in the room settings.)
Does the mixer have a second output? Just wire it to the Line-In jacks on the Connect.

Note that Line-In has a 75ms delay through the Sonos system, so accurate cueing of the turntables could be tricky.

Thanks for writing back, Ratty!

I tried this, and it did not seem to work. I have attached a picture for reference. The Main Out labeled "Amp" on the left goes into my Tuner, i tired doing the Main Out labeled "Record" and put that into my Sonos Connect, but no luck :/

Does the mixer have a second output? Just wire it to the Line-In jacks on the Connect.

Note that Line-In has a 75ms delay through the Sonos system, so accurate cueing of the turntables could be tricky.