Answered

Trueplay question with - AMP powering 3rd party mains, 2x sub, and 2x One as surround

Considering the above for a living room.  I understand the trueplay won’t be available for the 3rd party speakers as mains, BUT… will trueplay be available for the subs and the One’s?

Thanks..

icon

Best answer by jgatie 11 January 2023, 20:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

FWIW, it’s willing to start, and then says lost a speaker (does not explain what lost means, or which speaker) after 10 or 20 seconds of the tones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Wait for the Sonos forum rep to see this topic and respond.

Well, the other night support read that article to me as proof that it’s not supported.  How can we get a clear answer?

@jgatie I’d say it has changed. My memory matches yours, it previously was not supported. 

Wonder when that change occurred?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’m sure that is new, it used to be only the Sonos special Sonance speakers that were supported.

For such major good news I have no idea why Sonos isn’t promoting that. Both folks looking into Sonos and a lot of existing users that have been told it wasn’t an option would like to know about it.

Reading that it appears that you only get Trueplay on surrounds in a theater setup, not when just the TV’s front channels, a stereo pair or single speaker.

BUT here it the Amp document says: (seems my computer can’t select and copy there)

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/amp

The Amp’s manual says nothing that I can find.

Rather than me spending a bunch of time looking, where did you find that said?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/trueplay-compatible-devices-and-sonos-products

The poster is right.  I was misinformed, or that functionality has changed

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Rather than me spending a bunch of time looking, where did you find that said?

Then why do the docs say:

Amp and Connect:Amp also support Trueplay when powering any third-party surround speakers in a Sonos home theater setup.

Considering the above for a living room.  I understand the trueplay won’t be available for the 3rd party speakers as mains, BUT… will trueplay be available for the subs and the One’s?

Thanks..

No.  Unless you are using the Sonos Architectural speakers for your mains, the Amp does not support any kind of Trueplay for a Home Theater setup.

Userlevel 7

Comment deleted.