Answered

Trouble Connecting to Verizon Fios Router?

• 14 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I was in chat with Sonos today trying to trouble shoot my loss of connection of S2 app.  I had 2 systems running, S1 app for older products and Sonos (S2) app for newer.  S1 is connected via hard wire.  S2 was not.  S2 stopped working.  Rep said Verizon Fios router blocks Sonos and that I would need to hardwire a sonos product to the router.  Does anyone else have Fios and have connection issues?  Would love to hear before I spend more hours with another company.  Thanks 

icon

Best answer by John B 14 November 2022, 10:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Would love to hear before I spend more hours with another company.  Thanks 

Why not follow the advice given and wire a device from your S2 system?  At worst you might have to buy a Boost if that works.

Thanks @John B,

lol.  I factory reset the Connect that was on the S1 system because I thought it might work on the S2.  Hard wired it and that allowed me to add all other speakers to S2.  Unfortunately, that Connect is only compatible to S1, so that is back on the old system.  I KNEW everyone who uses Verizon FIOS didn’t need to hard wire to Sonos.  Didn’t make sense.  Just needed to figure out how to get Fios to read S2.  DONE!