Question

The Spotify app finds Sonos Connect, shows the Speakers, does not let me connect

• 17 January 2017
  • 6 replies

As soon as I select a speaker trough the Spotify app it tries to connect for about 5 to 10 seconds before it goes back to the status not connected.
It's the same with every speaker and I have no idea what the problem could be ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I am having this same issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, FHirsch and EdwinWatson. Welcome to the community. Would you each please submit a diagnostic of your respective systems, then respond with the corresponding confirmation? Myself or one of our agents will take a look and will provide some further advice. Thank you.
Hello, FHirsch and EdwinWatson. Welcome to the community. Would you each please submit a diagnostic of your respective systems, then respond with the corresponding confirmation? Myself or one of our agents will take a look and will provide some further advice. Thank you.

Hi Edward. I have done so and got:
Your confirmation number is: 7145800.

Before doing this I did the following:
1. I changed my DNS settings to googled 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
2. Restarted my whole network(With my 2 Sonos unplugged)
3. Once network was up I plugged Sonos speakers back in.
4. Reconnected Spotify and tried again with no luck. I then did the diagnostics.

The speakers come up in Spotify but just carry on saying "...Connecting" and they never do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Edward. I have done so and got:
Your confirmation number is: 7145800.

Before doing this I did the following:
1. I changed my DNS settings to googled 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
2. Restarted my whole network(With my 2 Sonos unplugged)
3. Once network was up I plugged Sonos speakers back in.
4. Reconnected Spotify and tried again with no luck. I then did the diagnostics.

The speakers come up in Spotify but just carry on saying "...Connecting" and they never do.

Hi EdwinWatson,

Your Office unit is still connecting through your wireless network but your Bedroom unit is using the SonosNet mesh. This is because your Bedroom unit is wired into the network. Normally your Office unit would switch to the mesh network as well but it may be out of range of the Bedroom speaker's wireless signal. How far apart are the speakers?

While your speakers are in both configurations they may not be able to work with the Spotify app. It would be best to either move the Office unit closer or to remove the ethernet cable on the Bedroom unit so that both of your speakers connect to your wireless network.

Please let me know if you still can't control your Sonos speakers from the Spotify app.

Your Office unit is still connecting through your wireless network but your Bedroom unit is using the SonosNet mesh. This is because your Bedroom unit is wired into the network. Normally your Office unit would switch to the mesh network as well but it may be out of range of the Bedroom speaker's wireless signal. How far apart are the speakers?

Hi Jeff. This distance isn't too far, however, I can see it being an issue as the house is made of brick but I can wire both speakers which is what I intended to do after reading this comment. However:

While your speakers are in both configurations they may not be able to work with the Spotify app. It would be best to either move the Office unit closer or to remove the ethernet cable on the Bedroom unit so that both of your speakers connect to your wireless network.

Please let me know if you still can't control your Sonos speakers from the Spotify app.

Instead of wiring my speakers up I decided to test my Sonos Wired speaker instead ONLY. I unplugged the wireless speaker only having the wired speaker and tested. Same issue. Spotify tries to connect to the speaker and just never does.

I did a new diagnostic check with #7152844 as an outcome.

It might be good to mention that I have other Spotify connect speaker systems that work perfectly on my network. Sonos is the only one giving me issues.

What else can I try to fix this issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Jeff. This distance isn't too far, however, I can see it being an issue as the house is made of brick but I can wire both speakers which is what I intended to do after reading this comment. However:

Instead of wiring my speakers up I decided to test my Sonos Wired speaker instead ONLY. I unplugged the wireless speaker only having the wired speaker and tested. Same issue. Spotify tries to connect to the speaker and just never does.

I did a new diagnostic check with #7152844 as an outcome.

It might be good to mention that I have other Spotify connect speaker systems that work perfectly on my network. Sonos is the only one giving me issues.

What else can I try to fix this issue?

Can you check to see if there are any updates available to your Spotify app?