Question

System not creating a wireless set up...

• 10 April 2017
  • 4 replies

I needed to restart my router. The playbar that is connected to it was on at the time. A while later i switched off the playbar and the connect amp in the other room stop playback. I thought that maybe i needed to reset the wireless setup. I did this but to no avail. The system will drop all the other players if i switch off the playbar. They still work independently but 'tis a bit annoying to have them interrupted when switching off the playbar. This was not an issue previously.

Anybody any thoughts?

Ta in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Nobody got any thought ? 😞
Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after a router outage because hhen a unit requests a new IP, the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
Thanks jgate. I'll give that a go :)

Cheers
Hopefully that will sort it.

But do you have the Playbar wired to your router in normal operation? If so you are operating in "Boost" mode and switching off the Playbar will inevitably cause everything else to drop. If you go through wireless setup you have to take away the Ethernet connection from the Playbar to the router. Or leave the Playbar wired and don't go through wireless setup.

If the reboot doesn't sort it, please come back for further advice