Question

SYMFONISK playback error 701

• 10 October 2019
  • 0 replies

Hi I've been getting an awful lot of dropouts on my new symfonisk speaker since installing it last month, and now it has virtually ground to a halt, getting the above error code using android controller, but then the speaker will randomly come on about 15 seconds later playing the old track (not the one I tried to play that gave me the error code).

We have quite a complicated home WiFi setup with 2 separate SSIDs - one for front of house and one for back. There is a Sonos speaker in virtually every room. I have a play and a soundbar both connected directly via cable, though both are downstairs.

The troublesome Symfonisk is the newest Sonos speaker, and is in the middle bedroom upstairs, so shouldn't be a WiFi signal issue, though I'm a little unsure about the whole WiFi/Sonos net difference.

I submitted a diagnostic test and the code was:

Hoping someone can perhaps indicate where the setup might be letting me down here ...

Thanks so much,
Mark

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.