Answered

surround sonos one SL buzzing when powered on

• 16 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

i just added two Sonos one SL and a Sub mini to my gen 2 Beam. It « works » except that when powered on, the two one SL are quite loudly buzzing constantly which is pretty unpleasant. 
i did a diag : 1035931804

is there anything wrong with the speakers ?

thanks and regards,

pierre

icon

Best answer by Corry P 20 December 2022, 10:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Have you plugged into in to a different ring-main and found the the problem persists?  If it’s only local then look at tidying the cabling near where the original plug in point was and checking the earthing and condition of those other cables.  If there is poor electrical shielding happening then that buzz can be picked up by the Sonos.  Placing cables crossing each other at right angles, to defeat the electrical field buzz is one start but earthing or a poor quality dimmer on the same circuit can be causes.

Hi @Corry P !

Sadly, it didn’t work. I did reset the system and set up true play calibration twice and the buzzing sound is still present whenever a source is connected. I’ll try to contact the technical support then. Thank you for your answer and have a great day !

Pierre

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @pierrebando 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I see that since you posted here, you have reset your entire system. Did that fix the issue? If it did, I suspect you probably only needed to reset the Beam.

If not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team - I don’t see anything in the diagnostics, but for issues like this we rarely do. We don’t expect you to have to put up with buzzing noises, however, so I’m sure we’ll find a resolution for you.

I hope this helps.