Question

Stereo setup with multiple inputs

• 13 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi guys.

I was searching around but never found appropriate answers, I guess everyone’s desired setup is different.

I want to connect my turntable and my projector to SONOS system. I would like to avoid any kind of splitter and would like the setup to be in stereo. I am now thinking about buying two Sonos Fives and use one input for projector and one input for turntable. It should work given that I can switch between wired input and wireless input and in home setup between inputs from different speakers, as I understand it. But I am not sure… So, couple of questions.

1. Can I switch between analog inputs? 
  2. Will the sound from these two Fives be in stereo for both analog inputs?
  3. Can I send sound from these analog inputs (ie. from one of the Fives) to additional speakers in my home setup?
  4. Can I send it to Apple homepod?
  5. Can I send music from Apple homepod to these stereo Fives and will it play in stereo?
  6. Even subjective response is good for me - would you prefer this kind of setup or is it better to buy Amp and use my old B&W 607 (disregard the quality of the speakers, they should be comparable, if different, to Sonos Fives)

Thank you a lot for any kind of response - I know it is a lot, but I never had a SONOS speaker and transition is a little pricey so I want to make sure it’ll work.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I wouldn't use Sonos Fives in the first place. They are not designed for AV applications. In particular there would be an audio lag.

The Beam, Arc and Amp are designed to be used for AV. So that is my subjective opinion on point 6

@John B 

Aha! Right! The stereo makes it wireless - I did not realise that. However I would be OK with “mono” sound for movies coming from one of the Fives. Something about the splitter bugs me :-/ But I will try to learn more about the Amp…

Thank you a lot for your input. 

Questions 1 - 5 are still valid for me, 3, 4 and 5 would be appreciated even in regards to Amp-based setup. Thank you all in advance