Answered

Stereo Pair Out of Sync

• 29 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I have four Play 1's, two being a stereo pair, but the left and right of the stereo pair are frequently out of synch.  Powering off the right hand one and back on brings them into synch for a while but then they go out again.

When I look at my network settings, three of the Play1's say they are ethernet connected, the fourth (one of the stereo pair) says it’s  wireless (see screenshot).  However, none of them is wired (ethernet) - they are all wireless.

I am confused so any help would be much appreciated.

**Moderator Note: Please censor personal information if posting pictures.**

icon

Best answer by robin.om 6 July 2020, 18:47

Hi Annazel S

Many thanks for your offer of support.  I had a long on-line chat with one of the support guys on Saturday (including the submission of a diagnostic report) the outcome of which was that one of the stereo speakers picks up the wireless network and the other starts out by picking up a signal from one of my extenders though gets its act together once it’s reset.  Having read the article, and after the conversation, it’s clear there is a conflict if extenders are being used.  I am considering changing to a mesh wireless network or just living with it!

Anyway, many thanks again for your offer.

Robin

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @robin.om.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I would love to look into this more, but I will need some more details to look into it better.

Can you please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

It will provide us with a snapshot of your system so we can help identify what is causing your issue.

I recommend checking this article about Placing your Stereo Pair, this contains guidelines for the best stereo sound experience.

Let us know how it goes.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Hi Annazel S

Many thanks for your offer of support.  I had a long on-line chat with one of the support guys on Saturday (including the submission of a diagnostic report) the outcome of which was that one of the stereo speakers picks up the wireless network and the other starts out by picking up a signal from one of my extenders though gets its act together once it’s reset.  Having read the article, and after the conversation, it’s clear there is a conflict if extenders are being used.  I am considering changing to a mesh wireless network or just living with it!

Anyway, many thanks again for your offer.

Robin

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @robin.om.

Thank you very much for your response.

I’m glad to know your concern has been addressed and a resolution was brought out.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.
You are always welcome in the community, we are here to help.

Cheers!