Answered

Speaker far from bridge not connecting to wifi, but mesh signal is strong

• 14 July 2019
  • 2 replies

I have an old brick one story home. I’ve installed an eero mesh WiFi system and it works great. I have an eero in my garage for the WiFi garage doors and lighting controls. I also have a Sonos 1 out there.

Inside the house I have a number of Sonos devices and they work/connect perfectly. This setup includes a Playbar. They are all working off of a Bridge connected directly to my main eero that’s connected to the router.

The garage Sonos speaker is not staying connected. It’s constantly dropping from the controller.

How do I get my garage speaker to connect and stay connected? Do I not need the bridge anymore? I thought Playbars need a bridge? If I remove the bridge, will I have to connect each speaker individually again to the WiFi?

I’m pretty good with this stuff... but this one has me stumped.
icon

Best answer by ratty 14 July 2019, 20:01

I suggest you wire the garage speaker to the eero there.
View original

2 replies

I suggest you wire the garage speaker to the eero there.
Update: Thanks for the suggestions, Ratty. I was ready to hardwire the speaker like you mentioned and by luck my 7 year old Sonos bridge died. This was actually great because I didn’t realize Sonos no longer needed a bridge- my Sonos network is now 100% WiFi and on the network, not the bridge. So I reset the garage speaker and it’s now getting a super strong connection from the eero in the garage. Seems obvious now... 🤦‍♂️