Sound too loud in room next to wall using Arc wall mount

• 23 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I have an Arc with the Sonos wall mount which is mounted into a brick wall. The amount of sound that goes into the wall and therefore into the room on the other side of the wall is too much.

Has anyone tried dampening the sound, such as putting in a sound absorbent panel cut to the shape of the mount in between the wall and the mount? As it is it’s just too loud in the other room.

I see Sanus make a different wall mount that extends from the wall and also a mount that attaches to the TV, so perhaps I will have to use a different mounting method if there’s nothing that can be done here with the Sonos wall mount.

Thanks for any advice!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you attach a home-made mount to the wall, and then attach some vibration mounts to it with the Sonos bracket on them you’d likely see some reduction.

Have you considered making a floor stand for the Arc so it isn’t hooked to the wall?