Question

sonos with ubiquiti/unifi searching for system

• 8 May 2016
  • 2 replies

*** mods please move to trouble shooting forum****

hey i have sonos installed in 2 location, home and office

my office network is an isp router +asus rt-n16 set up as an access point (2) play 3's and sonos connect
my home network is isp router + ubiquiti edrouter x + unifi ac-lr (1) play 3

both locations work great, but when i leave the office and get home my iphone will not connect to my home system.i open the sonos app click add another sonos system,click connect to existing system and then says no existing system found, then prompts me to press the mute and vol + , i do that and sometimes it will say it connected to the system and sometimes not, but it never actually connects to the system and turnes into an endless loop of no existing system found. i normally just log onto my unifi account and click reconnect for sonos play 3 then the iPhone will connect right away,

i have noticed if i leave my phone for about an hour then i will eventually find my home sonos system without me doing anything

so far i have only used an iphone on both my office and home system, i will try with my laptop later this week and see if it does the same thing.

dignostic number
-from the iphone that connont find the system 6156592
-from another iphone that is working 6156599

both phone were sitting right next to each other and diagnostic number taken at the same time, except one just came from office location

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
*** mods please move to trouble shooting forum****

hey i have sonos installed in 2 location, home and office

my office network is an isp router +asus rt-n16 set up as an access point (2) play 3's and sonos connect
my home network is isp router + ubiquiti edrouter x + unifi ac-lr (1) play 3

both locations work great, but when i leave the office and get home my iphone will not connect to my home system.i open the sonos app click add another sonos system,click connect to existing system and then says no existing system found, then prompts me to press the mute and vol + , i do that and sometimes it will say it connected to the system and sometimes not, but it never actually connects to the system and turnes into an endless loop of no existing system found. i normally just log onto my unifi account and click reconnect for sonos play 3 then the iPhone will connect right away,

i have noticed if i leave my phone for about an hour then i will eventually find my home sonos system without me doing anything

so far i have only used an iphone on both my office and home system, i will try with my laptop later this week and see if it does the same thing.

dignostic number
-from the iphone that connont find the system 6156592
-from another iphone that is working 6156599

both phone were sitting right next to each other and diagnostic number taken at the same time, except one just came from office location

Hi Mike,

It looks like you have a couple of wireless networks in your home. Hofstra and Hofstra 2 are both showing strong signal strength. Is the iPhone which can't connect to Sonos connecting to the first or second network? Does the phone connect to Sonos when on the other wireless network?

If both of these networks connect to the same router's DHCP, you should be able to use both signals. When using multiple access points we recommend that all have the same wireless network name and channel. This should help your Sonos units stay connected (they are reporting many disconnects).

If your 2 wireless networks have their own DHCP server, it would be best to change the channel on one of them so they are not on the same channel. Having 2 wireless networks on the same channel can cause interference. It may also help to remove the second network from your phone's list as this should ensure your iPhone can always connect to your Sonos system.
The hofstra 2 is just a guest network, both networks are under the same dhcp server/ subnet,so i has no access to the sonos,

I solved the problem by adding a sonos boost to the system and have not had a glitch over the last 4 days

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings