Question

Sonos system keeps dropping

My Sonos system keeps dropping sound it will play fine for a few hours then the sound will drop but the music still “plays”. I’ve done everything that Sonos has told me to do 3 months ago—and the issue still goes on; anyone out there who might be able to help? - Sonos dign # 1895834991

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
RFXmusic wrote:

My Sonos system keeps dropping sound it will play fine for a few hours then the sound will drop but the music still “plays”. I’ve done everything that Sonos has told me to do 3 months ago—and the issue still goes on; anyone out there who might be able to help? - Sonos dign # 1895834991

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. Your speakers are having trouble staying connected to your wireless network from time to time. This is likely due to wireless interference from your guest network, which is running on the same wireless channel as your main network. Please change the wireless channel on your guest network and see if that helps.
Jeff S wrote:

RFXmusic wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. Your speakers are having trouble staying connected to your wireless network from time to time. This is likely due to wireless interference from your guest network, which is running on the same wireless channel as your main network. Please change the wireless channel on your guest network and see if that helps.

Thanks Jeff, however I’ve done this, and created a new channel “guest network” a few months back and yet the error persists. :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
RFXmusic wrote:

Jeff S wrote:

RFXmusic wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks Jeff, however I’ve done this, and created a new channel “guest network” a few months back and yet the error persists. :(

Please send in a new diagnostic report. In the one you sent, the guest network showed it was running on the same channel as your main network.
Badge +1
if you can set either of your wifi networks to Auto-channel selection and restart the router this may solve the issue - by preference you can set the network for your SONOS devices in Auto-channel, so you avoid also conflicts with neighbouring networks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
RFXmusic wrote:

Thanks. It still shows your guest network as running on the same channel as your main. What el rubio says is correct, if either your guest or main network is set to automatically switch channels, the changes you made a while back may no longer apply. I'd recommend double checking the channels in your router's configuration page.

If it shows that they are on separate channels, it would be best to continue troubleshooting this issue live. Please give us a call, our phone number and hours can be found here.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings