Answered

Sonos system in Multiple VLAN network

• 21 November 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a Fortigate Firewall with a 8 ports switch and 3 Forti Accesspoints. 

My access points are configured in a separate native vlan (management). 

I have configured 2 SSID, one for IoT and a normal SSID voor users, with 2 seperate vlans.

The sonos boxes are in the user wifi network as is my phone. 

I can connect and link everything in the sonos app, so far no problems. However, now I want to link my sub to the arc then this is impossible. Tried every setting but no luck. Anyone suggestions

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 November 2022, 10:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @PvdBerg 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

My immediate thought is that you might have the Arc’s WiFi disabled if you have it ethernet-wired. The Arc needs it’s WiFi radio to bond the Sub to itself, so please ensure the Arc’s WiFi is enabled: Settings » System » [room with Arc] » Arc » Enable WiFi.

If that wasn’t the issue, please try rebooting the Arc by removing power for a time.

Failing that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports about the attempts made so far. 

I hope this helps.