Question

Sonos system cuts out for a few seconds

• 11 June 2017
  • 1 reply

I have 4 Sonos play 1, I also have 1 play 5, connect amp, 2 airport express from Apple extending my network wirelessly (Bridge mode). Sometime the system cuts out for a few seconds and comes back. Other times recently the system stops all together and I have to hit play for the line in a after about 10 minutes.

My diagnostics confirmation number is 7483149. Please tell me if my system is setup ok or if I need to change anything.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have 4 Sonos play 1, I also have 1 play 5, connect amp, 2 airport express from Apple extending my network wirelessly (Bridge mode). Sometime the system cuts out for a few seconds and comes back. Other times recently the system stops all together and I have to hit play for the line in a after about 10 minutes.

My diagnostics confirmation number is 7483149. Please tell me if my system is setup ok or if I need to change anything.

Hi ATL404,

There's quite a bit of wireless interference showing up from networks nearby that are using the same wireless channel as your network. It would probably help to change your router and Airport's wireless channels from 11 to 6 or 1. Please try that and let me know how it goes.