Question

Sonos separated by SSID with Ubiquity WiFi

• 26 February 2018
  • 9 replies

Does anyone have experience of separate Sonos system on different SSId's with uninfy/ ubiquity WiFI

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Why a separate SSID, what are you trying to accomplish?

Will both SSIDs be on the same LAN segment?
We need to separate several Sonos systems to work individually. The SSID's would be on the same LAN segment.

It would be better to do this wired but there is insufficient network cabling in the listed Edwardian building.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'd call the support folks at Sonos and discuss your situation, I have no experience in running multiple Sonos systems on the same LAN segment.
Thanks. Sonos support now pushes you to the community and telephone support has vanished!
You can have multiple Sonos systems ('households') on the same subnet. If you want to run them in Station/Standard/WiFi mode there's no reason why each couldn't use a different SSID. You can of course only specify one SSID per system.

Also note that if a single system spans multiple APs they should ideally all use the same channel (as well as sharing the same SSID obviously).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks. Sonos support now pushes you to the community and telephone support has vanished!
What do you mean by ‘vanished’?
There appears to be a tendency to send users with more 'complex' how-to queries to this board. And, yes, multiple households/multiple APs/multiple subnets do seem to be qualify as 'complex'...
Yes but I cannot fine a telephone number. Only a discontinued one!
Yes but I cannot fine a telephone number. Only a discontinued one!
What about the one here?