Sonos Port Dual Mono mode?

• 24 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve done a few in-wall and ceiling speaker installs using Sonos Amps. Except for when there is an obvious stereo configuration (like speaker on the left wall and right wall relative to a seating area), I’ve been using the Dual Mono option which seems to sound better.

I just recently did an outdoor zone that needed some additional power. So I’m using a Sonos Port + third-party power amplifier. It doesn’t seem like the Port has the mono option, and neither does my power amplifier. I’m also using the coaxial output to the amplifier, so I don’t think I could use a third-party mono converter device without having to compromise on resolution.

Thought I’d see if anyone has any other ideas for workarounds. Or perhaps someone from Sonos could weigh in if mono has been considered for the Port’s roadmap?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @lucasec,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your feedback on the Sonos Port.  

Since the Port’s primary job is to pass the audio signal to or from conventional Hi-Fi gear or other external sources, I’m not sure that there’s much call for out-putting in dual mono, but I can certainly pass your idea along to our development team for consideration. 

Please feel free to reach out with any further thoughts or questions here on the Sonos Community.

I would also like to see dual mono output on port for an out door installation