Answered

sonos one gen 2 wireless stream from Projector

• 16 January 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi all ! 
I recently bought Sonos one (gen 2) , I like to know how can I stream only the audio to Sonos one  when I watching a film in my projector . The way how I stream is using amazon fire dongle into the projector . Can I split the signal video and audio ? 

My last setup was : projector connected hdmi with amazon fire dongle then from the projector  mini jack audio out into Bluetooth transmitter avantree oasis . This setup let me both ways , streaming my films or video music clips audio to my normal auto amplified speakers or to 2 x Bluetooth headphones then obviously watch the film without delay and cables around . 

any tips please? Will help if at least I can setup Sonos one gen 2 like normal Bluetooth speakers . 
thanks in advance !! 
JM MORENO 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 16 January 2020, 14:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi Jim Moreno

The only way to send video audio to a Sonos One, Sonos One SL, or Play 5 is to have a Sonos Beam, Playbar, Playbase or Sonos Amp with direct integration to your TV or Projector. Then you can group in your case the Sonos One to the aforementioned. However, you will experience a slight audio lag to the Sonos One. 

The other option would be to integrate a Sonos Port via an AUX RCA or 3.5mm audio output from a TV (which typically has optical for the Beam, Playbar or Playbase). You would group the Port to the Sonos One. However, stealing a second audio stream from a TV maynot be ideal or be allowed by the TV internal audio card.

Last, a Sonos One cannot be configured to operate via BT.  The Sonos Move is BT capable but I’d need time to consider the feasibility of using the Move in the manner you desire.

If you are interested in connecting a Beam, Playbar or Playbase please let us know so that we can walk you through the connection process involving either a TV or Projector.

Cheers!

So basically spending more money .. no way jose .. sending back to Sonos, I’m  very disappointed, doesn’t make sense they haven’t make this speaker with  Bluetooth too , really thought was more versatile. 

thanks for you help !! 

all my best 

Jm Moreno 

Userlevel 7

So basically spending more money .. no way jose .. sending back to Sonos, I’m  very disappointed, doesn’t make sense they haven’t make this speaker with  Bluetooth too , really thought was more versatile. 

Sorry that you can’t use the Sonos One elsewhere. :disappointed_relieved: Out of curiosity...where did you get the impression that the Sonos One was BT capable :thinking:  

Cheers!

Absolutely my bad ! I assumed Sonos one will like Sonos move works with Bluetooth  (actually was my first option). or other wireless speakers from same category.. 

I should read all specs like I did with Sonos move , but obviously didn’t like you can tell..

No complains ! That why we have invented if you not satisfied send back then you will get your refund back lol . 

all my best 

Jm Moreno 

Absolutely my bad ! I assumed Sonos one will like Sonos move works with Bluetooth  (actually was my first option). or other wireless speakers from same category.. 

I should read all specs like I did with Sonos move , but obviously didn’t like you can tell..

No complains ! That why we have invented if you not satisfied send back then you will get your refund back lol . 

all my best 

Jm Moreno 

Sonos Move is unique, in that it operates on a battery. It was given Bluetooth support because it can be “Move”ed outside the reach of WiFi.  So it doubles as a Sonos speaker, and a portable Bluetooth speaker.  However, like all other Sonos units, there is no Bluetooth capability when connected to the Sonos system.  When Bluetooth is on, the Sonos app can no longer control the Move.  

I like everything , not to be limited for WiFi , Bluetooth or red lips .. is 2020 , if I claiming Sonos one coming with Bluetooth too , like Sonos move I have al my rights . 

what it is ridiculous is for streaming video and audio separately we need Bluetooth transmitter , cables and about .. we have technology enough to create much more simple equipment can do everything .. but no , it is a business .. if was in my hands , I will cut and control all technology companies from audio , video included transport ,computers ,telecommunications etc..then just left then produce 3 models every 5 years . We will all enjoy a better world with less to recycle !! 

I like everything , not to be limited for WiFi , Bluetooth or red lips .. is 2020 , if I claiming Sonos one coming with Bluetooth too , like Sonos move I have al my rights . 

what it is ridiculous is for streaming video and audio separately we need Bluetooth transmitter , cables and about .. we have technology enough to create much more simple equipment can do everything .. but no , it is a business .. if was in my hands , I will cut and control all technology companies from audio , video included transport ,computers ,telecommunications etc..then just left then produce 3 models every 5 years . We will all enjoy a better world with less to recycle !! 

I’m not sure what you are saying.  Sonos only offers Bluetooth in the Sonos Move.  Sonos has never claimed any of their other devices use Bluetooth.  This has nothing to do with any “rights”, this is simply how Sonos was designed.  If you do not like it, there are plenty of other companies to try.