Answered

Sonos needs music to be manually played every day

• 7 November 2017
  • 6 replies

There has got to be a way to automatically have the Sonos player play music without having to manually log in and press play every single day. This Sonos player is new and sits in a private fitness center. Having to get onsite every single day to log in and click play is not going to work. Does anyone have any experience with having this thing play 24/7 unless we tell it not to? We have a few Pandora DMX players and they will play constantly unless we tell it not to play.
icon

Best answer by sjw 7 November 2017, 16:49

Set an alarm to play what you want, when you want it.
Or even multiple alarms.
What I personally hate about the alarm function is you can't set it to just carry on playing what it was already playing. Simply a 'Play/resume'. When the alarm starts it destroys the queue, which, in system pretty much built around the queue philosophy, is a bit bizarre.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14
Set an alarm to play what you want, when you want it.
Or even multiple alarms.
What I personally hate about the alarm function is you can't set it to just carry on playing what it was already playing. Simply a 'Play/resume'. When the alarm starts it destroys the queue, which, in system pretty much built around the queue philosophy, is a bit bizarre.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yep, I have mine scheduled to play a pandora scheduled from 5-7 AM every morning.

Alternative, if you setup/integrate your Sonos to work with Alexa, you can start and stop music from the Alexa app or Amazon music app without being onsite. The functionality is rather limited though.
I have heard of the "Alarm" feature, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where it is located.
Userlevel 7
Badge +14
Try this.. :)
http://bfy.tw/EtnW
In hindsight, I should have consulted sergeant Google 😕 Thank you for the help hah.
Badge
I have heard of the "Alarm" feature, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where it is located.

I hadn't heard of an alarm feature either. Thanks to sjw for posting that. Next thing I have to ask the Sarge is how do you manufacture that little tutorial!