Question

Sonos devices not always listed in combination with AP's from TP-link

• 20 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Very often I do not see and cannot acces or use my sonos devices. 

I cannot acces them on a smartphone, iPad or pc.

Sometimes it is there, and then it goes away. When it is playing, it regulary falls out

I use the sonos with a tp link network with different AP’s

7 replies

@strid Thank you for bringing your concerns to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. As per our system requirements we do not work well with extenders. Please update us with your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). We are seeing multiple wifi connections to “DeFazant” from your diagnostic report number history.

After you gather your network topology information then please power re-boot off your wifi equipment for 30 seconds with no lights on it, meaning no battery backup, then power it back up. While this equipment is powering back on then power re-boot off your Sonos units for the same time with no lights and plug them back in to power, no button pressing is needed. While we are powering on then re-boot the device(s) running the Sonos app. Next, confirm the device(s) running the Sonos app are on the same “DeFazant” router that Sonos is wired into. You can test the app connection and test music playback for 30+ minutes. I would ask then that you follow up with the test results, the requested information above and an updated diagnostic report number while the music is playing.

Bbox modem proximus 

Poe switch

Multiple ap's

Anyone with access points should run their system in ‘wired’ or ‘SonosNet’ mode, not fully wireless.  Do you have a Sonos device connected by Ethernet to your router?  If not, try it experimentally, even though it may involve moving a speaker temporarily.  Wait a few minutes to allow the system to reconfigure.

I already did this when looking in the community for solutions. 

Since I did this Sonos works better.

However, I hate buying things that need a workaround.

What do you mean by Sonos net? 

This isn’t a workaround this is how Sonos was originally designed to work.  SonosNet is Sonos’ own wireless networking technology which operates in a ‘wired’ setup

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209?language=en_US

@strid, The SonosNet is a proprietary mesh network initiated and sustained by the wired speaker. 

Remove the WiFi details from the system, they are no longer required.

On iOS or Android: From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > Networks. Select the WiFi network you'd like to remove, and tap Remove. Wait about 10 min, then go to 'Settings → System → About my Sonos System' and see if WM:0 is being displayed next to each unit.

Thx to all for the info, I think it works better now. Just wait and see.